Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

    • CommentAuthorTheo
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2017 edited
     

    I have text labels in my layout used for LVS and want to find one throughout the hierarchy. I try to use "Search and Replace" for that. As an exampe I want to find a label with clk in it:

    Object => text In.. All cells With.. Layer (empty) Text ~ clk Operation == (empty) Size == (empty)

    I have never found any search result. I tried all kinds of options and combinations but I have never been able to find any text string, even if using wild cards. I must be doing something wrong or I don't understand how to use this find function. I know I have text labels and I know on what layers they are (and on which hierarchy level). Is this function perhaps broken?

    If I press "find" it takes less than a fraction of a second and nothing happens.

    The custom query shows this: texts from cells * where shape.text_string ~ "clk"

    • CommentAuthorTheo
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2017
     

    Small addition. The same problem with instances (or shapes). I'm not sure how any result should be displayed (a popup like a result browser perhaps?). If I negate the search (!~) I don't get any response either. So it feels like something is broken. Tried on 0.23.8 and 0.24.8.

    • CommentAuthorMatthias
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2017
     

    Hi Theo,

    before we dig deeper: if your label contains "clk", the expression needs to be

    texts from cells * where shape.text_string ~ "*clk*"
    

    The "~" match operator is anchored by default and it's not a regular expression, it's a "glob pattern" similar to what the shell uses for matching file names.

    Does it work this way?

    If not, we have a different problem here. I'm not aware of a broken feature here. At least it seems to work in my case (0.24.10 on W7 and Ubuntu 16.10). I cannot rule out issues and if there really is one I'd like to debug it.

    Regards,

    Matthias

    • CommentAuthorTheo
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017
     
    I tried:

    texts from cells * where shape.text_string ~ "*clk*"

    and nothing happened.

    Sometimes if I use "Current Cell and Below" I see a lot of cpu usage and a progress bar (Running Query processing) that stays there for about a minute. After that ends I get nothing.
    I run from CentOS 7.3
    • CommentAuthorTheo
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017
     
    Removed my ~/.klayout/klayoutrc file and it works again.
    Now I get a field inside the search window with the results. It's exactly as I hoped for.

    I send the file to Mathhias with a testcase to debug.
    • CommentAuthorTheo
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017
     
    Matthias found it....
    The search window should contain a result field on the right side of the window. This field was minimized. To get it back you need to hover over a small bar on the right of the search window and drag it all the way to the left. Sounds simple (and it is, once you know.....)