klayout build error

Hi,

I am having the build error as follows.

• g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -o ../../../../build-release/strm2cif main.o -L/remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../.. -lklayout_bd -lklayout_db -lklayout_tl -lklayout_gsi -lklayout_lib -lklayout_rdb -lklayout_rbastub -lklayout_pya -lQtScript -lQtSql -lQtXml -lQtGui -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lQtDesigner -lpthread
  • ld: warning: libpython3.3m.so.1.0, needed by /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
  • /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so: undefined reference to `PyErr_SetNone'
  • /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so: undefined reference to `PyLong_FromLong'
  • /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so: undefined reference to `PyUnicode_AsUTF8String'
  • /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so: undefined reference to `PyDict_SetItem'
  • /remote/ltg_engine1_us03/liangwa/tools/klayout-0.25.7/build-release/buddies/src/strm2cif/../../../libklayout_pya.so: undefined reference to `PyModule_Create2'

The build is on CentOS6.x, gcc version 4.7.2. I use the default python install on our machine and it's 2.x.

So does the new klayout still compatible with Python2.x? If not, which version can be used?

Thanks!

Comments

• I compiles with Python 2, but from the log I see it's trying to find 3.3 (libpython3.3m.so.1.0).

Please make sure that when you run "build.sh", the right python interpreter is in the path.

You may also try the RPM I put on the downloads page.

Matthias

• edited March 2019

removed and added as new thread...