You probably know that but just in case - if you want to set modified lyp file autoload you need to make sure only one session on Klayout is running, change the lyp file autoload in that session, close this session and only after you re-start…
Yes, I noticed yesterday that the layers panel width gets stuck on a width that depends on the count of characters in all tab names.
In the file I use regularly there are 10 tabs and each tab name is 6-7 characters long.
But I can see t…
I can't share my lyp as it might be confidential, but I was able to replicate the issue with a dummy lyp file.
Can you try the following:
1. Create a dummy lyp file with multiple tabs, and long tab name for each tab (each tab can…
Tried running in compatibility mode - issue still exist
I was able to get rid of the issue using the following sequence:
1. unclick the 'load layers properties file' from 'default' and every other tech' node
2. delete the layers properties entry fr…
Some more details on this issue:
1. It's happening to few members of the lab here so I don't think it's a hardware/mouse issue
2. We all use Windows10 x64 version in the lab
3. I tested Klayout in Windows7 but do not see this issue (for both x32 &am…
regarding David's script above.
I think two lines can be changed as below
#p curr_x = ... # There is no way to get this using the API??** --> curr_x = lv.box.center.x**#p curr_y = ... # There is no way to get this using the API??**--> curr_y …
One more observation regarding large power nets tracing:
I found out that if I start tracing by clicking on a gate tied eventually to huge top metal strip (sometimes this layer is called RDL re-distribution layer), Klayout will hang fo…
I tried it and it works fine. I'm sure it's going to help anyone tracing nets in heavy designs with massive power nets. I also have a guess that these heavy power nets are the cause for the memory issues related to all nets tracing (BTW, my PC has 8…
What are my options if i want to avoid tracing of large power nets?
I was thinking of a few options, pls let know if you think one of those is feasible:
* Limit the amount of shapes for the NetTracer: as suggested above, but current vers…
Thanks for looking into it.
I tried installing 0.26. It did not work when trying to install on folder 'Klayout' saying dll files are missing.
After that, i tried to install on 'Klayout(64bit)' folder and it did install.
However, it does not let me…
I noticed that Klayout Ver0.24.x will let you load TIFF images w/o any error message.
But Ver 0.25.x is sending many error messages when loading a TIFF. The TIFF itself will load after all error messages are dismissed.
Can the error m…
I would like to get the image icon from a snapshot of main window, then assign it to a certain pushButton.
After that, get another snapshot and assign it to different pushbutton, etc.
I changed my code to use Qt instead of HTML.
While most of the Qt is straightforward and manageable, I still have issue adding button with an image icon.
Maybe you can provide example of how to assign an icon to a Qt button?
Please try the following:
1. Open your sample.gds (the one used for cross section example) without any lyp. 11 differnt layers (layers 1/0 to 8/1) should appear on the layers panel.
2. Select first four layers (1/0 , 2/0, 3/0, 3/1) and…
I automatically load a layer file. But I found yesterday that the problem was probably because the automatic lyp file loaded is defined in two different places, Setup-LayerProps & Technology-Default menu. I don't put any file under…