Further View Options
The "View" menu offers some more options to tune the display:
- Show Grid: This is a fast access method for the respective configuration option.
Unchecking this menu entry hides the grid lines and the scale bar.
- Grids: this submenu allows fast access to the current grid setting. You can choose from
one of the default grids that are configured on the "Default Grids" page in the "Application"
section of the setup dialog. Grids are mainly used for editing geometry but also for snapping
rulers if they are configured to do so.
- Show Texts: when this option is unchecked, texts are not drawn. That applies to
text objects and user properties. Drawing is somewhat faster when texts are not drawn.
- Show Cell Frames: when this option is unchecked, cell frames from hidden cells or
cell below the hierarchy levels selected are not drawn.
- Show Layers Without Fill: when this option is checked, the shapes are drawn without
fill. Hence the layout is shown in a kind of wire frame. This option is intended to temporarily
disabling the fill pattern. Keeping this option checked may be confusing because setting a
fill pattern may not have any effect then.
- Synchronized Views: with this option, all views (tabs) in the main window are synchronized, i.e.
they show the same region of the layout. This option can be useful if two layouts are loaded in
different views for clarity, but identical regions need to be inspected.
- Select Top Level Objects: this menu item gives a quick access to the respective editor
option. If this option is checked, only objects from the top level are selected. This is
in particular important for editing because editing a subcell can cause effects in other
places there that cell is instantiated but no edit is intended.
- Toolbar, Navigator, ...: disable or enable the respective tool windows.
- Highlight Object Under Mouse: with this option checked, the object under the mouse is
highlighted temporarily if the mouse hovers over that object.
Since that can be confusing in some (rare) cases, this menu item provides quick access to
that configuration option.