Incorrect Cell ID and missing property name when reading ASCII RDB File

Hi,

I'm reading ASCII RDB file through Python API and RdbItem object points to incorrect cell_id. It is always report as top_cell, whereas the coordinates are in cell space.
Also, there seems to be no way to read RdbItemValue names, only the value (e.g. float) is stored.
I need the property name as well. For e.g.
r3
1 1 2 May 25 14:45:30 2018
CN A c 1 0 0 1 -6791 24556
IL: out3
p 1 4
m1_count 1
m1_area 0.006958
-68 43
-19 43
-19 185
-68 185

In this example, when reading item, cell_id is not for Cell A but the top cell. Also m1_count and m1_area property names are not stored, only their values 1 and 0.006958 respectively can be retrieved with RdbItemValue.float().

Thanks,
Acku

Comments

• Hi Acku,

the property name should be available through the value's "tag_id". This is an identifier for the name. Use ReportDatabase#tag_name(id) to get the corresponding name.

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot, I'll try it.
    For the incorrect cell_id, I've opened an issue at github as well.

Acku

• edited June 2018

Hi Acku,

I don't think you're right about the top cell. A cell carries the reference of itself inside the parent cell. As RVE has a single-level pseudo-hierarchy, the parent is of course always the top cell. The coordinates are on cell level, but if your want to see them in the top cell, apply the transformation in the reference.

I see many people using RVE DB files since years now without complaints. So I'm fairly sure the implementation is correct.

Matthias