Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fatal: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40805) with this library (version 0x40803)

Hi,

We have binded 4.8.3 version of qt with 0.25 klayout version. On system we have 4.8.5 libraries.
When running klayout, we get the above error. Does klayout looks into local libraries as well?

Thanks,
Sunil

Comments

• Hi Sunil,

You mean Linux I assume. Linux resolves libraries depending on the built-in RPATH or the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable or predefined locations. Try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the place where you keep the 4.8.3 libs.

That's not the preferred way to doing that, but it's a workaround. Ideally you would make sure, Qt 4.8.3 is available on all systems (e.g. /opt/qt_4.8.3). If you have built it properly, building against this location will make qmake emit the linker options which set the RPATH to /opt/qt_4.8.3/lib or whatever). A binary built this way will ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH and will work on every system that has /opt/qt_4.8.3).

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

The interesting part is, the klayout binded with qt (4.8.3)is same on all 3 systems we have.
    But, centOS6.9 has qt 6 version, where klayout runs properly and CentOS7.4 has qt 4.8.5, where klayout doesn't work, ends up with the error.

So, the qt version can be >= to the binded qt version?

Thanks,
    Sunil

• Hi Sunil,

hard to say .. that may be the case (and often is), but the message you get indicates that some mixing happens (i.e. plugins may be pulled from a different installation that the host installation happened on).

Building and deployment on Linux is art, specifically on heterogeneous installations. The issues you get are not related to KLayout but to Qt. For out-of-the box systems I am providing packages, but beyond this I cannot give much support.

Matthias