Rename all cells

edited October 2011 in KLayout Development
Hi Matthias,

Is it possible to add a function on reader or save option, to rename all cells with prefix (and/or) suffix string?

Best Regards,
--
chhung

Comments

• edited November 2011

Hi chhung,

It should be possible to create a Ruby script to do so. I'll try to provide such a script shortly.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1

Hallo,

in the meantime I have uploaded a script to do that:
    http://www.klayout.de/useful_scripts.html#rename_cells.rbm.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

I tried this ruby script and it works fine on klayout GUI, and we are trying to find out how to batch rename files in command terminal with Non-GUI mode, thanks for your kindly support~ :)

Best Regards,
    --
    chhung
  • edited November -1
    Hi, Matthias,

Follow this topic, is it possible to remove or change the prefix or suffix had been added in the cells with this rename function?

Ex, All cells in the layout have had the suffix "_20120923" to remark the last update time. I want to change the original suffix "_20120923" to "_20121023", if it is possible to use this rename function?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Canny
  • edited October 2012

Hi Canny,

sure it is with some modification.

The trick is to modify the following lines:

string = RBA::InputDialog.get_string("Specify rename expression", "Use '*' to refer to the original name, '#' to refer to the numeric cell ID.\nFor example, 'A*' will prepend the prefix 'A' to the cell name.", "*")
    if !string.has_value?
      return
    end

new_cell_name = string.value.gsub(/#/, cell.cell_index.to_s).gsub(/\*/, cell_name)

to something like:

search = RBA::InputDialog.get_string("Specify original string", "Specify the string which shall be replaced", "")
    if !search.has_value?
      return
    end
    replace = RBA::InputDialog.get_string("Specify replacement string", "Specify the string which shall replace the original string", "")
    if !replace.has_value?
      search
    end

new_cell_name = cell_name.gsub(search.value, replace.value)

Then you will be prompted for the original and replacement string. This function will replace all occurrences of the original string in all cell names with the replacement string.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi, Matthias,

Thank you, it is awesome.

Regards,
    Canny