Import error: invalid rotation angle

edited November 2011 in KLayout Support
I'm getting an error 'Invalid rotation angle (450 is less than -360 or larger than 360) (...)' on a file. I'm not sure the Gdsii stream spec limits the ANGLE to -360 to 360? (not in the spec I have). Anyway, maybe (dis)allowing this as a GDSII reader option or so?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hallo,

this is actually just a warning. It indicates that there may be something weired going on, but KLayout will reduce the angle to a range between 0 and 360 degree. I think it is worth mentioning strange angle values because that may indicate some other issue (i.e. a corrupt file). Still the file can be perfectly valid.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November 2011

I wanted to add that for text rotations, the angle is limited to multiples of 90 degree. The GDS spec allows any angle.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Well, KLayout gives this and when clicking the OK button, just exits. So it's not just a warning apparently.
  • edited November 2011

Hallo,

you're right, it's a warning for texts but an error for instances.

I'll change it to a warning in the next release.

If you're able to build KLayout, you can replace the error around line 894 of dbGDS2ReaderBase.cc by a warning:

warn (tl::sprintf (tl::translate ("Invalid rotation angle (%g is less than -360 or larger than 360)").c_str (), angle_deg));

instead of

error (..., angle_deg));

Best regards,

Matthias