Klayout with python scripting on MacOS

edited June 2020 in Python scripting

Hi,

I have just installed HW-klayout-0.26.5-macOS-Catalina-1-qt5Brew-RsysPhb37.dmg (Catalina (10.15) HomeBrew-Python3 included - experimental)
on my mac (Catalina 10.15.5). I already had installed python 3.6 before installing klayout.

I have cloned scripting codes from my git page to /.klayout/python. When running the .lym file, I get ModuleNotFound error. All the required modules
are in place in the subdirectories of the cloned directory.

I have checked with one of my colleague, who uses klayout on windows. The same codes that he has cloned from the git works for him. He also
mentioned that klayout installed its own python interpreter to %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\KLayout\lib\python3.7. However, I don't see any
python interpreter installed by klayout on my computer. I wonder if this is the reason why my scripting codes don’t work.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Edit:

There is a python module named circuits in /.klayout/python. When I tried to print the path in sys.path, it does not show circuits in the path.

It should show /Users/aashish/.klayout/python/circuits. This is why I think I get Class circuits ModuleNotFound error.

Any ideas on how to fix this.

I also installed klayout on Ubuntu 18 and I have the same issue.

Regards,
Aashish