@1@2 in XOR not working with my LYP file

Hi All,

When I ran XOR and no .lyp file, klayout shows me @1 and @2 postfix on the layers to differentiate between Layout1 and Layout2.
I do not see the same when I have layers file loaded. Is there a workaround to see the layers with @1 and @2 foreach source layout?

Here is the properties section of my lyp file.

Best Regards
Rambir

#268c6b
#228c6b
C63

true
true
false
false
false
M1.drawing - 1/0

1/0@1

Comments

• edited June 2020

Hi Rambir,

the .lyp file does not show up properly - you should use mark down code formatting when pasting such code (use a line with triple backticks before and after the code).

There is a secret feature which allows embedding dynamic information inside the name. This will add the "@x" layout index:

<name>M1.drawing - 1/0@$(C+1)</name>

Explanation:

• "$..." will include a formula (KLayout expressions syntax) which is evaluated and inserted
    • "C" is a dynamic variable containing the zero-based layout index
    • "C+1" will give you the 1-based layout index
    • Hence "$(C+1)" will expand to "@1", "@2" ...

There are more variables available:

• "N": the layer name (OASIS, DXF, CIF ...)
    • "L" : the layer number (OASIS, GDS2)
    • "D": the layer datatype
    • "I": the layer index from the layer source (the internal database layer number) - hardly useful for normal applications
    • "C": the layout index ("cellview index")
    • "S": the layer view's source string
    • "T": the layout's title (usually the file name)

If you don't want to modify the layer properties file you can also use "Regroup/By Layout Index" from the layer list's context menu. This will give you separate trees for "@1" and "@2".

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much for this one.. Everything you do helps a lot.
    Is it possible to have this feature automatic while converting from CDNS techfile to lyp? We can also change it by a postscript i understand..?

wish you a wonderful day ahead.

Thanks & regards
    rambir

• Hi Matthias,

Thank you again, I could change it in the import_tf routine and it worked very well as well.

Best Regards
    rambir