Creating a Layer properties file

edited May 2012 in File Formats
All my mask info is in a MSAccess database. I’m trying via Access VB to create a Layout.lyp file with all the <name> and <source> (and <frame-color>, etc…) info. KLayout won’t read my Layout.lyp file. I get the error:

"XML parser error: error occurred while parsing element in line 1, column 1"

Although the file (with notepad) look just like a .lyp file saved from Klayout. Any idea why? I tried to use MSXML2.DOMDocument and just plain OPEN for Output method but I’m kind of lost.

Thx,
Louis cliche

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Louis,

I think that is the issue we clarified by mail :-)

To all other readers: this was the culprit:

<source>13/@1</source>

the correct specification has to contain a numeric value after the slash for the datatype.

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Matthias,

Is possible to add in the Layer Properties File (.lyp) a line specifying the color of the background for a technology ?
    I know we can change it through the Setup / Display / Background menu, but it would be more convenient with the .lyp file.
    The reason is that when I read PCB or DXF file, I prefer a white background. But I read a GDS, I prefer a black background, as Cadence Virtuoso.

Thanks, Best regards,
    OkGuy
  • edited November -1

Hi OkGuy,

that is actually a nice idea, but right now it's not possible. The background color is a global configuration and that happens elsewhere, not in the .lyp file.

It's possible however to create a script that sets both the background color and the .lyp file.

Regards,

Matthias