It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I would like to build a module that assists in the visualization of one (or a just a handful of) layer(s) of a layout. It would be great if there was a "highlight" button that the user could press that does the following:
(1) Save all layer properties (to memory)
(2) Changes all un-selected layers to:
- light grey, the very sparse stipple, 0-width frame width
(3) Changes all visible and selected layers to:
- black frame 3 pixels wide, no stipple (stipple)
(4) Turns on animation for the visible and selected layers, but:
- changes the blink frequency to something like 2 - 3 times a second
- cycles the visible and selected layers meaning: show first later for 300ms, then hide first layer and show 2nd layer for 300ms, and so on
so it gives the impression of a cascaded blinking. All while allowing the main thread to let the user drive around as usual.
(5) Restore everything once the "highlight" button is pressed again.
I am sure I can write the code for (1), (2), (3), and (5), but I am not sure where even to begin with the animation and if it is even possible to use it this way. Any thoughts ?