Incomplete Trace Net

edited July 2012 in KLayout Support
Hello Matthias,

I'm currently working on a 7 metal layer GDSII. With all metal layers & vias declared in the "Layer Stack", the trace only highlights M1 to M2 with a net info "Not all shapes are highlighted". I tried to declare/add 1 layer at a time from top in the "Layer Stack" & I'm getting the correct highlight but once I add the last layer (M1/VIA1/M2), the highlight goes back to show the M1 to M2 layers only.

What could be the reason for the "Not all shapes are highlighted"? Or is there a way to fix this (correctly highlight from M7 to M1)?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,
sdrobob

P.S. I manually trace the metal layers to check the correctness of the highlight.

Comments

• edited November -1

Hello,

"Not all shapes are highlighted" basically means you have a large net with a lot of shapes. Highlighting a large net will slow down KLayout hence the number of shapes that are highlighted are limited. You can however increase the number of shapes by choosing "Configure" from the net tracer dialog and setting "Maximum number of shapes highlighted.".

BTW: if you export a net to another cell, all shapes of the net will be exported, irregardless of the number of shapes set.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Thanks Matthias. Works fine now. :)