Trace All Nets function

Hi Matthias,

I have tried the Trace All Nets function in 0.27.1, Works like a charm like everything else with klayout ;).
Wanted to know if there is a way to Name the net in the layout, run trace All nets and then we can click on each named net to highlight the connectivity with code or GUI.. Anything is welcome.

Best regards
Rambir

Comments

• @rambir Thank you for this nice feedback :)

The usual way of naming a net is to place a label (a text object). If you include for example a layer called metal1, you can place labels on this layer. These labels will be used to derive a net name.

You can also place labels on a different layer. Then you need to include this layer into the connectivity as well.

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Thank you again, I will check it soon and will request for advice if there are further questions.

Best Regards
    rambir

• The user-manual/lvs has examples of label usage like:

metal1 = input(7, 0)
    metal1_lbl = labels(7, 1)
    connect(metal1, metal1_lbl) # attaches labels
    connect(metal1, via1)

When I define the connectivity-stack in the the .lyt file, is there something analogous (for just-text labelling, no shapes)?

Meaning I have separate layers for drawing, label, pin, but DO NOT WANT the (whole) shapes from label & pin included in connectivity: just naming from the text. (I have DRCs to flag: pin andNot drawing).

i.e. Do not want stack to define met1 as: "7/0+7/1", neither (the improved): "7/0+(7/1*7/0)".

And yes: if it meant the text becomes a single coordinate, being just one pseudo-arbitrary vertex of an optional associated shape (on that label-specific layer), and which point in some cases doesn't overlap the main drawing layer (7/0): then such text should have no effect.

Aside/off-topic, in klayout GUI: where can I see/confirm the full-path of my current .lyt file?
    Thank you.

• In the ipc-d-356 netlist parser I wrote I place the net name text on layer 201 for the top side and 202 for the bottom side
    below are the entries in my 16 layer .lyt file:
    C:\Users\David1\Documents>grep 201 l16.lyt
    1/0,,201/0
    101/0,,201/0

C:\Users\David1\Documents>grep 202 l16.lyt
    16/0,,202/0
    105/0,,202/0

C:\Users\David1\Documents>

layers 101 and 105 are blind vias drill holes on top and bottom

• Hi David,

I see from our separate mail thread this issue is fixed now, is it?

Thanks,

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,
    After updating the script based upon your feedback it is working correctly now
    Thanks for your assistance
    DavidJHutchins