Klayout start up time too long

Hi,

Klayout is taking significantly longer times to start up. Whenever it starts up, it loads a mask design that I had generated in the past using python scripting. The size of the mask file is around 500 Mb. I have been trying to stop klayout reloading the mask design during its start up. However, I have been unable to solve the issue.

I would really appreciate your help if you could point me in the right direction.

Klayout 0.27.2
Ubuntu 20.04
Python 3.8

Regards,
Aashish

Comments

• This is weird. I assume you have a macro somewhere which loads a file. KLayout does not remember any previously loaded file and does not load anything automatically unless you have given a file on the command line.

You can try the following: disable all macros and revert the configuration by renaming ~/.klayout to something else, e.g. ~/.klayout-org. If you start KLayout then, nothing should be loaded.

If you want to debug the problem, you can start coping files are folders from the "org" folder to ~/.klayout and check if the problem happens. The files you copied then should be the reason for the issue.

Matthias