Arch Linux

edited October 2012 in KLayout Support
Has anyone tried installing KLayout on Arch Linux. I am running linux 3.6.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 GNU/Linux and I am having a multitude of issues with klayout-0.22.1/build.sh. The problems persist even when I tell the script the location of both qt and ruby.

qt: /lib/qt /usr/lib/qt /lib64/qt /usr/share/qt [Version 4.8.3]
ruby: /usr/bin/ruby /lib/ruby /usr/lib/ruby /lib64/ruby /usr/share/man/man1/ruby.1.gz [Version 1.9.3p286]

Anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• edited November -1

Hallo,

Do you have any messages or log you could share?

Matthias

• edited November -1
    HI Matthias,

This is what I get.

% ./build.sh -qt ~/lib/qt
    ./build.sh: line 65: ruby1.9: command not found
    ./build.sh: line 66: ruby1.8: command not found
    Found ruby interpreter: ruby
    -e:1: Use RbConfig instead of obsolete and deprecated Config.
    Ruby libray found: /usr/lib/libruby-static.a
    Ruby headers found: /usr/include/ruby-1.9.1 and /usr/include/ruby-1.9.1/x86_64-linux
    Qt installation directory is /home/USERNAME/lib/qt/lib (lib), /home/USERNAME/lib/qt/bin (tools) and /home/USERNAME/lib/qt/include (includes)
    Ruby installation directory is /usr/lib/libruby-static.a (lib), /usr/include/ruby-1.9.1 (includes) and /usr/include/ruby-1.9.1/x86_64-linux (config for 1.9.x)
    Platform is linux-32-gcc-release
    *** ERROR: no Qt headers in /home/USERNAME/lib/qt/include

Thanks for the help!
    ED
  • edited November -1

Hi ED,

I think the Qt headers are not in ~/lib/qt, but rather in /usr/include or similar.

Usually the build script is able to find the headers and libraries by itself. Please check whether you have the Qt development package installed (It is called qt4-dev or similar). If that is not the case, please install it. In that case, a plain "build.sh" should work.

If not, try to locate the header, i.e.

find /usr -name Qt.h

If the Qt.h is found in /usr/include/Qt/Qt.h for example, you can use "-qtinc /usr/include" (without the Qt directory) for the include path. Similarly you can locate the libraries through

find /usr -name libQtCore.so

If that file is found in /usr/lib/libQtCore.so, the corresponding build.sh option is "-qtlib /usr/lib". And finally you can look up the path to the binaries, i.e. "qmake" the same way and specify it through "-qtbin ...".

Regards,

Matthias