Background combination

edited October 2012 in General
Hi Matthias,

When I started my new 64bit windows klayout application, a message box with the following text appeared

"The background combination of the shape editor is set to some other mode than 'add'
This can be confusing because a shape may not be drawn as expected
to switch back to normal mode, chose add for the background combination mode in the toolbar."

I do not know how to fix it though the message is quite clear and the effects are real but there is nothing that can enable me to choose 'add' on the toolbar. How can I fix this problem. A step by step instructions may help. Thanks.

Iftikhar

Sorry after playing arround, I got it. Yes, there is an add item in a submenu and it was set to mask in fourth menue item on the toolbar. I hope it will help others who may run into the same problem. Thank you.

Comments

• edited November -1

Hallo,

that's exactly how you "solve" that problem :-)

The intention of that message is to give a hint that you're using a non-standard combination mode. That means, if you try to drawn something and you are in subtract mode for example, you won't see anything. That may be pretty confusing before you figure out what is going on. Hence the message.

Best regards,

Matthias