Align

edited November 2012 in General
Hello,

I am trying to understand how to use the Align option. I have two designs made up of many objects. I would like both designs to be aligned to the bottom-most feature of the other (which I believe can be done suing 'Vertical alignment bottom'). I read the manual and think that I am not making primary/secondary selection right. How do you make primary/secondary selections?

Also on a separate topic, is it possible to move a selection of objects using coordinates? I want to move an entire design to the (0,0) starting location. The only option I found was the Move By function which only lets you enter displacement values. I guess I am looking for a 'Move To' function, if it exists?

Thanks for your help!

Tony

Comments

• edited November -1
    Solved the align problem, I wasn't aware secondary selection consisted using the shift key. Would appreciate input on the moving of objects to specific coordinates though if anyone has input.
  • edited November -1
    solved my other problem as well. Just had to surround the objects in a cell and they I could move the entire instance wherever I wanted using coordinates. Thanks anyway.
  • edited November -1

Hi Toni,

Apparently there is a solution already :-)

Thank you anyway for the "move to" suggestion. So far I did not consider that use case.

Regards,

Matthias