Create a Custom Library

Create a Custom Library

Hello, I have a question about libraries. I've created some basic cells that I need to integrate into another one, but unfortunately, I can't seem to do that. I'm thinking that creating a library might be a good idea, but I don't know how to create a custom library. So, my question is: How do I create my own library? Do I need to write a script for this?

Thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to help me. I'm feeling quite frustrated. :'(

Comments

• Okay, I saw that it explains where I need to install my libraries, which is in "~/.klayout/libraries". But the main question is: How do I install a library?

• edited September 2023

I tried putting all my GDS files in "~/.klayout/libraries," but I can only use one GDS file. When I attempt to place these files in subdirectories, nothing seems to work. I must have overlooked something, but I don't know what it is.

• Hello,

1) sub folders don't seem to work
    2) each GDS/OAS file needs to have a unique library name (LIBNAME)

Cheers,

Tomas

• edited September 2023

-- deleted --

• edited September 2023

I did this but it doesn't work, I tried many other combinations.
    Can you give me a real exemple ? thanks
    kinds regards

• when I put all my gds files in "libraries" its work but only with one component

• Hi CMeyer

As tomas2004 mensioned, each file needs to have a unique LIB name, otherwise KLayout will only show one component.

The LIB name can be modified through save file dialog.

• Thanks it's working, it will be the mess with all my companants but it works.

;)