Qt 5 build issues

edited December 2012 in KLayout Development
Qt 5.0.0 was just release, so I figured I try building (on a Mac). I installed Qt 5 in /Developer/Tools, and using the as-downloaded source, tried the following:

./build.sh -platform mac-leopard-gcc-release \
-qtbin /Developer/Tools/Qt5.0.0/5.0.0/clang_64/bin \
-qtlib /Developer/Tools/Qt5.0.0/5.0.0/clang_64/lib \
-qtinc /Developer/Tools/Qt5.0.0/5.0.0/clang_64/include \
-rblib /usr/lib/libruby.dylib \
-rbinc /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin12.0

Apparently the qInstallMsgHandler function is now deprecated. Check out: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96648

The build log ends with:

gcc -I/Users/nomis/Downloads/klayout-0.22.3/src -I/Users/nomis/Downloads/klayout-0.22.3/src -I. -I/Developer/Tools/Qt5.0.0/5.0.0/clang_64/include -FQtGui -FQtCore -FQtXML -I/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin12.0 -Wall -Wno-deprecated -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-promo -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -Wno-strict-aliasing -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DHAVE_RUBY -c -O3 -o layMain.o /Users/nomis/Downloads/klayout-0.22.3/src/layMain.cc
/Users/nomis/Downloads/klayout-0.22.3/src/layMain.cc: In function ‘int klayout_main(int, char**)’:
/Users/nomis/Downloads/klayout-0.22.3/src/layMain.cc:126: error: ‘qInstallMsgHandler’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [layMain.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Comments

• edited November -1

Hallo,

I have not tried Qt5 myself, but given the experience I had with the Qt3 to Qt4 transition I'd say it does not make much sense to try Qt5 on the KLayout code.

Qt4 was very different from Qt3 - in many respects, Qt4 came with a completely different API and code had to be rewritten in many places. It almost impossible for a non-trivial application to compile on both Qt4 and Qt3. I don't expect that for the Qt4 to Qt5 transition either.

I'll give it a try once, but right now I have other priorities.

Regards,

Matthias