auto load rbm scripts at start up

edited April 2013 in General
For versions 0.22.7 and 0.22.6 on Windows 64 bit platform (Win 7 64), KLayout is no longer automatically loading *.rbm scripts in the same directory as the executable. They can still be loaded manually at the command prompt using -rm option. I have tried installing the software in the original "c:\program files\KLayout (64bit)" directory but still the same problem.

Comments

• edited April 2013

Hallo,

That did not change in version 0.22.6. So it should still load .rbm files from the installation path. I have verified that on Linux and I will do so on Windows as well.

But if an environment variable named "KLAYOUT_PATH" is set, it will use the places inside that path and ignore the installation path. Could you check whether you have set this variable?

Another reason might be another script which is in the path and which calls "Application.exec". This will launch the application, potentially before other scripts are read.

You can check the application path using the log viewer: run KLayout from the command line with the option "-d 21" (i.e. "klayout.exe -d 21"). After KLayout has started, open the log viewer (File/Log Viewer). The first entries tell the directories listed in the path. The log file will also tell which ruby modules are loaded and if errors occur during that.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Sorry Mattias, when I copied the rbm scripts from "c:\program files\KLayout (64bit)" to the new location, the were marked as hidden so KLayout did not see them. I should stick to Linux.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,
    How can I set the KLAYOUT_PATH in Mac OS? In .profile file?
    Thanks,
    Geev
  • edited November -1

Hi Geev,

frankly I don't know. It's an environment variable. Is there anything like that on MacOS?

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,
    There is a file ," .profile", like Unix for setting environment variables, but I think it works if I run a software from terminal, not GUI, but fortunately as you mentioned I can add the rbm files in installation directory.
    Thanks,
    Geev
  • edited February 2014

Hi Geev,

but maybe there are system-wide environment variables? Maybe inside some user profile? I though that the kernel architecture of MacOS is based on BSD and environment variables are available somehow. I found something about "/etc/launchd.conf" in some forum, but I cannot tell whether that is a solution.

Magic system, this Mac.

Matthias