View art as clear

AGMAGM
edited May 2013 in General
Hi,

On certain layers I would like to view the drawn features in clear on a chrome background. Is this possible?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi AGM,

Do you mean just "view" (inverted) or "draw"?

There is no "invert" viewing option right now. But you can mimic the effect by putting a border behind the layer and set the layer's color to the same color as background.

For drawing, I'd suggest to use the boolean operations and use "MINUS" (aka "NOT") to subtract your drawing from some background rectangle.

Regards,

Matthias

• AGMAGM
    edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

I meant for viewing. My layout includes a few layers that are clear on chrome, for which I just draw the clear features. I would like to be able to see the layer as it will be printed. Your suggestion with the border works for single layers, but its not possible to view other layers of art underneath through the clear areas (because they're opaque).

Thanks
  • edited November -1

Hi AGM,

But you can move these layers above the one with the faked background, right?

Right now, there is no "invert on drawing" option, although that would be possible. Let me take this as a suggestion. Currently, you can actually invert the layer using the boolean NOT operations if your memory allows that or fake the inverse property by painting in the corresponding colors.

Regards,

Matthias