round_path basic library

edited May 2013 in Ruby Scripting
Hi,

I just started working with klayout recently and I would like to write a pcell(for a coplanar waveguide). The round_path pcell from the basic library would be an ideal starting point for this. Unfortunately I can't find the code for it anywhere. It's not in my ~/.klayout/libraries folder. Is it not available or am I just missing something?

Regards,
Alex

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Alex,

the round path PCell is not coded in Ruby but in C++ to support installations without Ruby interpreter. It's possible to create PCell's in C++ as well but I don't like to advertise that API. It's somethat different and not as easy to use as the Ruby API.

For your purpose I think the circle sample PCell is best starting point.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited September 2013

Matthias,

I have same question as Alex. However to follow-on: That's fine if it happens to be coded in C++ instead of Ruby. However I still have the same problem as Alex -- I can't find the C++ version (note that I just want to use it as-is, not change it). Where do I find it (and all the other Pcells in Basic Library)?

Thanks,
    David

• edited November -1

Hi David,

you can find the C++ PCell code in the "libBasic*" files. Each PCell has a .h and .cc file and the name corresponds to the PCell. But as I mentioned, I currently don't advertise this method of creating PCell's, because I don't want to spend the effort of additionally supporting the internal C++ database API (which is somewhat different from the Ruby API).

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1

Aha! For useful reference of anyone else reading this, as for the use of the Pcell itself, to find it you go Instance > Instance tab > Library: Basic, then click "..." button and choose ROUND_PATH. Somehow I didn't find this before.

And as you pointed out it's of course included in the latest development code base (here, for future reference: http://klayout.de/build.html#all_downloads). I only installed the Windows binaries previously and hence never downloaded this and thus couldn't find this either. So now I have everything I need.

Thanks Matthias,
    David