Displaing/Highlight DRC/LVS Errors in Klayout

edited December 2009 in KLayout Support
Hello,

Is it possible to display/highlight DRC/LVS errors in Klayout like it possible in many layout tools: Astro, ICC, DesignRev, Virtuoso ... etc. ?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Roman,

KLayout can read Calibre DRC database files.

To load a DRC database, open the marker browser ("Tools"->"Marker Browser") and press the "Open" button.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited December 2009
    Hello Mathias,

The DRC highlighting works excellent!
    What about LVS errors displaying?

The second thing.
    Is there an option to open socket on Klayout and connect to it with Calibre RVE?

Thanks.
  • edited November -1

Hi,

Unlike Calibre's DRC files there is no equivalent LVS error database which is supported by open source tools (at least not one I know). That's why there is no support for LVS error browsing right now.

In principle it would be possible to open a socket for external tools but again that is very likely to be some proprietary protocol which to my knowledge is not open to public.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi,
    What about highlighting options? How can I change color and style of highlight markers?

Thanks. Sergey.
  • edited November -1

Hi Sergey,

currently, the highlights are shown in the same style as the selection. You can choose the style on the "Display" page in the setup dialog ("How the selection is shown").

In the next release it will be possible to choose a different style for the marker highlights.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hallo Matthias,
    ich finde klayout echt gut. Ich werde es jetzt wahrscheinlich wieder häufiger verwenden. Kann ich eigentlich auf die Informationen der Calibre DRC-Fehler auch über die RBA zugreifen, kann ich die Fehlertypen und -namen abfragen und auf den Fehlermarker wie auf einen Layer zugreifen?

Gruß,
    Tammo
  • edited November -1

Hallo Tammo,

das ist ja eine Ueberraschung ... :-)
    Lass mal per mail von Dir hoeren.

Now in English because this might be interesting for others as well: it is possible to load and query marker databases by using the RBA::ReportDatabase object. A database can be loaded from a file using the "load" method and various method exist to traverse the database structure down to the marker's value which can be a geometrical object.

The actual database object model is a little bit too complex to describe in detail here. I'll try to provide a documentation elsewhere.

Best regards,

Matthias