Cropped saved image

edited July 2013 in General
Hi,
from a Macro, when doing layoutview.save_image, how could I limit the saved area to the bounding ox of the non-background area? Or alternatively, how could I adjust the viewport to the area drawn on (and then save)? (I already set grid-visible to false, so I have a nice uniform background in the same image, but I want to automate image saving for documentation purposes.)

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

I don't know whether I understand your request correctly, but I think you want to select a certain area before saving the image.

The methods for doing so are:

• "layout_view.zoom_box(box)" to select the rectangle given in "box" (in micron units)
    • "layout_view.zoom_fit" to select the bounding box of the current cell (plus some margin)

Is that what you are looking for?

Matthias

• edited October 2013
    Hi there
    I have tried the Matthias's method to save image,but i failed.Actually ,i usually do the image saving issues using sn image control
    But it can not save the image automate.So i want to know is there any third party program supports to automate image saving
  • edited October 2013

Hi,

can you paste the complete script? Saving images can be automated, but I suspect some script error. It's difficult to debug a script without seeing it.

Matthias