GDS to DXF Conversion

edited July 2013 in File Formats
I tried to save a layout as a dxf file. The original was a gds. I tried both of the "save" options: all layout files and dxf files. In both cases I received a message "top cell is not unique. dxf can only save a single top cell." However, the top cell IS unique. It consists of three cell variants side by side in a single row. Is this a bug, or did I miss something?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

maybe the message is misleading. It's not a matter of name. Instead there must be exactly one cell without any parent cells. In the cell tree, only one cell must be at the root level (unless you have selected flat cell view).

If that is the case and still the layout won't save, I can't give much advice. I don't know of a bug related to that (BTW: are you using the latest version?). Maybe you can try "Save Selected Cell As" from the cell list's context menu - that function always saves just one cell (plus it's child cells), so that message should not appear.

If it still does, maybe you are able to prepare a small testcase and send that to me. I will have a look at it then.

Regards,

Matthias