Depth for the texts

edited August 2013 in KLayout Development
Matthias,

For a next version, I suggest to add in the display options a hierarchy depth limit for the texts display, in order to avoid to have too many texts across the layout when we visualize the toplevel. If we can only watch the texts of the toplevel or the first two hierarchy level, it is often enough.

Thanks, Best regards,

Laurent

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Laurent,

I somewhat doubt that depth of hierarchy is a good measure for the importance of some shape - whether it's a text or not. Sometimes it's not even possible to define a uniform depth of hierarchy at which a shape should appear. Nevertheless it's a fair suggestion.

If you're less interested in the texts I found it more convenient to configure a scalable font (all except "default") and assign a small default size. Using scalable fonts the texts will appear below a certain zoom level only. Sometimes you can even use the text size provided in a GDS file - "important" texts such as Pad labels might be drawn bigger than the others.

For the configuration of text display see File/Setup and the Display/Texts page.

Regards,

Matthias