Getting error message "Co-ordinate value overflow (position=2918,cell=$67)"

edited August 2013 in File Formats
A custom software creates oasis file as output from a given gds file !
The resultant oasis file when opened with Klayout; an error message "co-ordinate value overflow" is shown.
Can you provide me information as to how can i debug the error message shown by klayout.
Does $67 corresponds to a cellname?
I have the ascii equivalent file of the input gds file and could not co-relate as to which gds record conversion has an issue.

Any take on this ?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Nelson,

former versions of KLayout have various limitations regarding the maximum permissable coordinate value inside OASIS files. The latest version (0.22.7) should support the 32 bit coordinate space for all OASIS properties. The message indicates that some property exceeds that space and the object is located in cell "$67" (this is the cell name).

If there is need for a bigger coordinate space, it is possible to compile KLayout for 64bit coordinates, but that will increase memory requirements and make KLayout slower.

I somewhat doubt that it's necessary: 32bit coordinate (-2E9 to 2E9 database units) are basically able to map a whole 300mm wafer with atomic resolution (0.1nm). Maybe you are using an extraordinarily small database unit or there is something wrong with your layout.

There is an OASIS dump tool which allows you to further debug your problem file available here: http://www.klayout.de/dump_oasis.html.

Regards,

Matthias