Selectable markers in Marker Browser

edited April 2014 in General
Hi Matthias-

Sometime I highlight multiple markers using the marker browser. eg - I use it to highlight all SingleBit electrical fails from all dies of a wafer.
Then I find (visually) region of interest and zoom into one of the markers in this region.

The next thing i want to do is to identify exactly what is the 'identity' of this specific marker (I have the fail address in the catgeory of each marker).
The only way I know of doing it is by going marker after marker in the browser until the one in current view lights up. But this takes a long time.

Maybe there is a better way to do that.
Maybe there is a way of selecting a marker in the main window and the marker browser will jump to this marker?

Thanks much, Itamar

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Itamar,

there is no such feature right now, but there are two solutions:

Use this script: http://178.77.72.242/svn-public/klayout-resources/trunk/scripts/show_markers.lym. It will list all markers in the view (up to 100). Please see the disclaimer in the script header. You can of course tailor it to your requirements.

Or: If you happen to write the marker database yourself in .lyrdb format, you can provide a label next to the marker shape which displays the textual information in the marker view:

<values>
      <value>polygon: (-88,-200;-88,-199;96,-199;96,-200)</value>
      <value>label: ("Label Text",r0 -88,-200)</value>
     </values>

In that example, the text position is -88, -200 micrometers and the text is "Label Text".

Matthias