very basic question

edited April 2014 in General
I just installed this software and need to make a very simple single layer drawing but I am not having much luck so far.

I need to make a six copies of a single cell for a 100mm wafer plus an outside ring to id the outer edges of the wafer.

The cell needs to have a torus with an outer diameter of 21mm and an inner radius of 19.05mm and there needs to be a 3.9mm square in the center.

What is the best way to go about making this structure?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

well, there are multiple ways to achieve that. A quick solution is the following:

• Draw any box on your target layer
    • Double-click the box to show the box properties dialog
    • Enter 21000 as the box width and height, click Ok.
    • Hit Ctrl+B to duplicate the box. You get the same box again.
    • Double-click again.
    • Enter 19050 for the width and height. Click Ok.
    • You have two boxes now. Click on the bigger one first and then on the smaller one. Choose "Edit/Selection/Subtract (others from first)". You'll get a square with a hole.
    • Choose "Edit/Selection/Round Corners".
    • Enter "21000/2" for the outer radius and "19050/2" for the inner radius. Click Ok.

You'll get a donut shape with the outer diameter of 21000µm and an inner diameter of 19050µm. Draw an additional rectangle and use "Edit/Selection/Align" to center both. Use "Edit/Cell/Adjust origin" to put the origin of the cell to the center of both (this simplifies adjustment of the einstances later).

Creata new now top cell and place 6 instances of the previously created cell. You can use array instances to create a regular arrangement of these cells.

Matthias