DRC maximum width

edited June 2014 in KLayout Support
Hello,

I am currently using KLayout 0.23.4 and would like to do a DRC check for a maximum width on a layer, marking all instances where the distance between two edges exceed the given maximum. The provide "width" method only marks occurances that are less than a certain width with no options for a maximum.

The "with_bbox_min" or "with_bbox_max" method are close to what I am looking for but would only apply to rectangular polygons. An elbow, arc, or other shape would be marked incorrectly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BrianLM

Comments

• edited November -1
    May be you can try : layer.sized(-dmax).sized(dmax)

Laurent
  • edited November -1

Hi Brian,

the under/oversize suggested by Laurent is probably the most effective and simplest solution.

In general "more than .." kind of checks are difficult to implement since in that case the interaction range is basically unlimited and efficient algorithms based on a limited interaction range cannot be used. A general solution, but less efficient than the under/oversize solution, is to select all edges NOT marked by a "less than" check:

layer.edges - layer.width(min_value).edges

or to select the inner part of the shapes too:

layer - layer.width(min_value).polygons

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Thank you all, those solutions will work fine for me. Great software and wonderful forum!

BrianLM