Unable to see artwork or layer list after update from 0.21.5 to 0.23.5

edited August 2014 in General
I updated my klayout install from 0.21.5 to 0.23.5. When I open a GDS file, I see the list of cells in the hierarchy, but there is no artwork shown nor are there any layers in the layer list. Same GDS files work fine with 0.21.5. Is there something odd with my install or settings that I can check?

Comments

• edited August 2014

Hi John,

there is no change that could explain that.

Maybe there is something with the configuration file. Maybe layer mapping is on or something like that. Could you move the configuration file away and try again? KLayout will then initialize the configuration with a fresh and clean one.

The configuration file is found in ~/.klayout/klayoutrc on Linux. On Windows it's in the application folder (usually your home folder) and there in "KLayout/klayoutrc". You can rename that file and start KLayout again.

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias:

That did the trick! I renamed the klayoutrc and I can see my artwork again. Thank you!
  • edited November -1

Hi John,

good to hear that :-)

Usually the configuration files are upward compatible so there should not be any surprises when you upgrade. But I admit there have been a few bugs breaking that rule in effect. I'll do my best this will remain a special case.

Matthias