Problems with version 0.23.8 on Linux OS

edited January 2015 in General
Hey there,

Hope you are doing well. I am receiving some execution errors while trying to generate *.lyp file.

What I do is

1. File > Import Cadence techfile
2. Select the .tf provided by the foundry for Cadence tool
3. Select the Display Resource file

After that is done I receive an execution error, I have tried to modify the techfile or the display or try with different technologies and the result is the same

Do you know what can be causing the issue?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I had got the same problem some times ago.
    KLayout automatically select the files in klayout installation directory, especially the display.drf
    I recommend to change all the extensions of your previous technology(ies) so that KLayout can find them.

Laurent
  • edited November -1

Hi mfidalgo,

I can just guess. Is there any error messages given? Knowing the cause will be very helpful to debug the problem.

In general you cannot import any kind of Cadence techfiles. Some are written in a way to contain Skill code which the script cannot execute. The safest way is to export the techfile in Cadence and use the exported one. This one is free of skill code. Please also make sure you use the most recent version of the script.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Thanks Laurent, tried what you proposed but the problem is the same.

Mathias,

Is there a particular email where I can send you the attachment of the error I found? It seems to be a Ruby error but I would liked to attach this for better understanding of my problem

Regards and thanks in advance
  • edited November -1

Hi mfidalgo,

please send a mail to the adress mentioned on the Contacts page. If possible please include the techfile and display.drf.

Thanks,

Matthias