Fill tool

edited January 2015 in Ruby Scripting
Hello Matthias,

is there a Fill tool class/object that can be used within a ruby script?
If yes can you provide me the class description (i have not been able to find something close in the RBA reference)
Basically i want to make a tool (macro, with menu) to create a shotmap on a given area (say a mask) with some added functionnality (automatic numbering of die, etc)
I have already an excel file with macro doing such thing but it is not really convenient to use. Actually your fill tool is really efficient and it would be better to use it (if avail in macro) instead of rewritting the excel full code in ruby (this excel code being also not very efficient, no second order filling possibility, and ..ugly)

Regards
Joël

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Joel,

I'm sorry, but right now, the fill tool's functionality is not available to Ruby. But if I understand you correctly, you want to fill a circular area. I'm sure there is a analytical solution for that.

Matthias

• edited January 2015

Hi Joël,

Maybe you can refer to the script that count the die per wafer in that topic :
    Dice count : gross die, yield and wafermap on a layout

You have to save the code in a file with rbm extension in the same directory as klayout.exe in windows or in your ~/.klayout directory in Linux.

Then, if you relaunch KLayout under the tools menu, you will have a "Gross die / Yield" menu that you can launch that will ask for die and wafer sizes.

It will then draw the wafermap (all dice in a wafer) give you the number of dice per wafer, different yield calculation results ...

If you want to modify to get the number of die per mask reticle, up to you. If you can post it here, at least me, I (we) will appreciate :)

BRgds,

Laurent

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias, Laurent

Yes i want to map dies/or shot(referring to stepper field exposure) on a wafer
    Thanks. i will try this script.

Joël
  • edited November -1
    Joël,

Did you try the script ?
    Do you foresee any improvement and/or modification ?

BRgds,
    Laurent
  • edited November -1
    Hi Laurent, Matthias

Give it a try today. It's similar to the algorithm i have, which is quite coarse. I think that the fill tool really optimize the die placement, hence increase significantly the die number (on the test i made with large die(fields)i got 5 more dies with the fill tool than with my algorithm or your tool)
    I am currently trying to write something optimized (with possibility to fill empty space with half field or so)

Regards
    Joël