Strange behavior of OAS property?

edited February 2015 in General

Hi,

Steps to recreate the problem: (KL 0.23.3 on Win 7.)

1. Draw a shape like a box or wire. Select it > 'q' > User Properties button > Add.
  2. Add the property 'SKIP' => #1. Add another property 'R' => #50. Look at the properties, they both look fine (#1 and #50 are numbers).
  3. Click OK to go back to the shape properties dialog box, and then click the User Properties button again to view the properties. R is preserved as #50, but 'SKIP' has turned in to '1' (i.e. not a number).

Note there is a little further strange behavior, for example:

1. If I next rename 'SKIP' to 'S' or 'SK' or 'SKI' (and change the value back to #1) then try going into and out of the User Properties dialog, then the #1 is preserved as a number. But as soon as I put 'SKIP' then it converts it to a string after step 3 above.
  2. Furthermore if instead of 'R' => #50 in step 2, I put 'R' => #100, I do not observe the behavior (both numbers are then preserved).

Let me know if you can recreate it! I wonder if this is some limitation to how OAS stores properties?

Thanks,
David

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi David,

After some tries I can reproduce the problem. It arises if you have used the key/value combination in other places too.

I'll try to fix that in the next minor release. Thanks for reporting that.

Matthias