klayout for XOR

edited April 2010 in General
Hi,
Just came across klayout last week. Nice tool. Great Job...

Was looking into the possibility of using it for viewing layout xors. I noticed another thread on the XOR topic, and you mentioned the capability was added in the current version under development.

I installed the last snapshot klayout-r272(2010-03-09). Opened up klayout, loaded 2 gds files, went to 'Tools' but didnt see any verification/xor sub menu there. DId I download the right version.

Thanks

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

in that version the menu entry only shows up when ruby support is enabled. I just provided a new snapshot (r307) where that issue is fixed.

Please note, that the XOR functionality is somewhat limited. Currently, the algorithm is a simple flat edge set XOR which limits the application to small to medium size layouts. It features a tiling option which keeps memory low even in large layout cases, because it operates on small tiles. Still the runtimes are considerably larger compared to hierarchical processors.

I hope I will be able to finish the next release soon. This one will include the XOR functionality along with a couple of other nice features.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Thanks Matthias.

Will try out the newer version.