Mirroring

edited April 2015 in KLayout Support
I need to view an overlay of 2 different GDS files. I launch the viewer with this command:

KLayout_vo.exe -s file1.gds file2.gds -l Layout.lyp

I would like to "flip horizontally" file2.gds in the overlay. Is there a way to do this during the launch of Klayout through a command in Layout.lyp or the execution of a script?

Louis

Comments

• edited April 2015

Yes a script can be executed. Here's a simple one to get you started. It flips the existing layout if there were only one open. It will need to be modified to flip only your desired file2.gds.

include RBA
    active_layout = CellView::active.layout
    t = Trans.new(Trans::M90)
    layout.transform(t)

You could also put the opening commands for file1.gds and file2.gds in the same script. More streamlined than running somewhat obscure commands from the Unix command line IMO. If you want that but get stuck, let me know, I'll have more time later to look more at this.

David

• edited April 2015

Hi David,

thanks again for pointing that out.

I'd like to mention another way: you can load both layouts. Then you select all layers of the second layout (those with "@2"), group them (Layer list right click and choose "Group"). Right-click on the group node and choose "Selection Source". Edit the source specification so it says

*/*@* (m90)

The effect of editing the display specifications is the same, but without manipulating the layout.

The layers of the second layout are displayed flipped. You can add more to the transformation, i.e. a displacement like

*/*@* (m90 5000,0)

You can do a lot more in the display specs. For details see http://klayout.de/doc/about/layer_sources.html.

You can save the new display setup using "File/Save layer properties" and load them again using KLayout's "-l" option:

klayout a.gds b.gds -l the_lyp_file_you_saved.lyp

Matthias