Problem with PATH creation (creates polygons instead of paths)

edited June 2015 in General
Hi everyone,

I am preparing a new layout and I am trying to create paths and make them with round corners, using "Edit > Selection > Convert to PCell > Basic.ROUND_PATH".

However, when I use the PATH tool (Edit > Mode > Path) to create paths, what I obtain are POLYGONS instead of paths! That would be no big problem in principle, if it wasn't for the fact that with polygons I cannot use the Basic.ROUND_PATH tool, which I need.

Do you know what the reason for that could be? Some wrong setting in my KLayout? I remember I could do this in the past with the same machine.

I am using Klayout for Mac OS version 0.23.2. I also tried version 0.22.8, but I see no difference.

Many thanks for your kind help!

Comments

• edited June 2015

Hi Mauri,

You could be in "Merge" mode. Look on the toolbar, click the button next to "Merge", and change to "Add". You should almost always be in "Add" mode.

Also, you should upgrade to the latest version which has many improvements and fixes. To upgrade, you don't need to uninstall the current version, just download and run the installer and it will upgrade (at least on Windows which is what I'm familiar with, hopefully same on your MacOS).

David

• edited November -1
    Hi David,

indeed that was it! Thank you so much for your kind help.

Also, thanks for the tip about upgrading. I will do so as soon as I upgrade my OS to Yosemite (I am still running OS X 10.9 for now).

Thanks!
    Mauri