Can Job Deck View be supported in KLayout?

edited August 2015 in File Formats
Hello,
I'm new to layout/mask work. I did some work in layout design and JDV. But I don't know what kind of data format will be converted after the GDS file is transferred to maskshop.
Some says that MALY is the SEMI standard.
If so, can KLayout convert GDS/OASIS into MALY format and hence support the JDV?

Comments

• edited August 2015

Hello,

in order to do JDV you'd need a way to convert MALY to GDS/OAS, right?

The other way involves trapezoid decomposition and maybe more advanced operations. That is not a straightforward task. Usually that's what your mask shop does.

Conversion of MALY to a single OAS file should be feasible, but lacking any samples or experience with that format I don't have a solution available. Plus there may be some adjustments required to the OASIS reader in order to properly read OASIS.MASK.

If you're unlucky, your mask show will give you a MEBES jobdeck. The MEBES format is owned by Applied Materials and it's not public IP. So there won't be an open source implementation for that format, although that's not a real problem technically. Sorry.

In general, mask data handling is a sensitive topic, both in terms of quality and of performance. There's a market for tools which do that and that topic is a bit out of scope for a free and open source project. Imagine the cost of a bug in your mask data and you know why.

Matthias