0.24 warnings

edited September 2015 in Ruby Scripting
In moving to klayout 0.24.1, when I run my custom ruby scripts, I now get the following warnings:

Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QDockWidget::allowedAreasChanged(QFlags<Qt::DockWidgetArea>) in /tmp/klayout-0.24.1/src/gsiDeclQDockWidget_EventAdaptor.cc:40
Warning: Object::connect: (sender name: 'step_dock')
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QDockWidget::featuresChanged(QFlags<QDockWidget::DockWidgetFeature>) in /tmp/klayout-0.24.1/src/gsiDeclQDockWidget_EventAdaptor.cc:44
Warning: Object::connect: (sender name: 'step_dock')

/tmp/klayout-0.24.1/ is not the path where I am have 'installed' klayout. Any ideas what these warnings mean or how to determine why they are showing up after moving to 0.24?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

/tmp/... ist probably the path where the build was made. That path is compiled in to indicate the location of the issue.

The location indicates that the problem happens when a Qt object is prepared for use within a script. While this is done, all known signals are connected to internal hooks which failes for one signal because it's not there. That not really serious unless you want to use that signal.

The reason is probably the Qt version you link against. The reference version is 4.6.3, so if you are using an older one, this kind of mismatch may be observed.

Which is the version you are using?

Matthias