Bookmark and Layer Tabs

edited September 2015 in General
Hi!

I like the bookmark and layer tab functionality - been using it recently quite a bit.

Questions:
- I have a couple of different layer groups set up as different tabs. Very useful to switch between different layers on/off. Bookmark view does not seem to save the layer tab context. Is this possible?
- Our workflow is to load the GDS, load the bookmark file, Goto Bookmark, switch the layer tab. Is there anyway to load a bookmarks file with a GDS?

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

I think that request is feasible, but to be frank, I have neglected the bookmark feature somewhat, so there is not quite a lot support for it. Specifically there is no command line option for that feature right now. The reason is that there are actually at least two features which received more attention:

• The session feature which allows saving the state of the views including rulers, images and so forth. But there will be one file per state saved. The session file can be loaded on the command line using the "-u" option.
    • The marker browser which is the tool of choice to present a "browsable" list of positions. It takes a "marker database" and lets you browse through the entries of this database.

In addition, the scripting API allows tight control over the view properties, so many users use that API to script their custom view controllers. A simple example for such a controller is the screenshot gallery which is also a location browser http://klayout.de/rba_examples.html#example2.

Best regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Got it. Save&Restore Session works pretty well for my needs. Thanks!

Since save session keeps the state of bookmarks and marker browser, it is actually a better solution for my work flow --- we load Calibre DRC errors and review with KLAYOUT marker browser.