Compile Problems on RHEL6.6

edited September 2015 in KLayout Support

I am trying to build KLayout on my RHEL6.6 VM and running into problems. I've resolved the various Qt warnings but am stuck with a couple of compiler errors - hoping someone can point out something obvious I am missing.

I have gone with the -noruby and -nopython options to make this easier to resolve.

[xpi@localhost klayout-0.24.1]$ ./build.sh -qtinc /usr/include -qtbin /usr/lib64/qt4/bin -qtlib /usr/lib64/qt4 -nopython -noruby -platform linux-64-gcc-release
Scanning installation ..

Qt installation directory is /usr/lib64/qt4 (lib), /usr/lib64/qt4/bin (tools) and /usr/include (includes)

Platform is linux-64-gcc-release
Building plugins: 

Running build ..
gmake
for d in main ; do (gmake -C $d .dep ; gmake -C $d all) || exit 1; done
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/build.linux-64-gcc-release/main'
gmake[1]: `.dep' is up to date.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/build.linux-64-gcc-release/main'
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/build.linux-64-gcc-release/main'
gcc -I/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src -I/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src -I. -I/usr/include  -Wall -pedantic -Wno-deprecated -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-promo -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -Wno-strict-aliasing -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -fPIC -c -O2 -m64 -o  edtMainService.o /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/edtMainService.cc
In file included from /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/edtMainService.cc:33:
/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/layDialogs.h:335: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
In file included from /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/edtMainService.cc:41:
/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/edtDialogs.h:120: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
gmake[1]: *** [edtMainService.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/build.linux-64-gcc-release/main'
gmake: *** [all] Error 1
[xpi@localhost klayout-0.24.1]$

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi,

I guess your build directory is messed up. Please delete the "build.linux-64-gcc-release" directory and start over again.

Please also check whether /usr/include really holds the Qt4 headers. Usually that is /usr/include/qt4 or similar.

Matthias

• edited November -1

Thank you, deleting the "build.linux-64-gcc-release" directory and running the build script again solved my problem. Now that I have it compiled, I will try and enable Python support again.

Mike

• edited November -1

I had some more cycles to work on this today. I was able to get Python 3.5 installed without any issues. However, when I try to build KLayout with Python support I get the following error. Not sure what the cause is nor the resolution.

gcc -I/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src -I/home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src -I. -I/usr/include  -I/usr/local/include/python3.5m -Wall -pedantic -Wno-deprecated -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-promo -Wsynth -Wno-long-long -Wno-strict-aliasing -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DHAVE_PYTHON -DHAVE_PYTHON_VERSION_CODE= -fPIC -c -O2 -m64 -o  pyaUtils.o /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/pyaUtils.cc
    /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/pyaUtils.cc: In function ‘void pya::check_error()’:
    /home/xpi/klayout-0.24.1/src/pyaUtils.cc:66: error: ‘reverse’ is not a member of ‘std’
    gmake[1]: *** [pyaUtils.o] Error 1
    gmake: *** [all] Error 1
    [xpi@localhost klayout-0.24.1]$ 

On the Ruby side - can anyone recommend a RHEL6 RPM for Ruby 2.2 or later?

• edited October 2015

Hi,

I don't know why (it's working for me) ... but "#include " is missing in pyaUtils.cc. Put it right after "#include " and your build should do.

I'm sorry I can't give you a link to any Ruby RPM. But building Ruby usually is pretty straightforward. The only strange thing is that you require any Ruby installation (an old one will do) to build Ruby.

There are some other posts about CentOS 6. AFAIK the RPM's are compatible between RHEL and CentOS, so there is some chance there will be one. I'd even provide one myself once I am able to solve my issues with OpenSuSE's build service.

Matthias