0.24.1 / 0.24.2 do not start on Win7 (64bit)

edited October 2015 in KLayout Support
Hi,

Klayout versions 0.24.1 and 0.24.2 (64bit) do not start on my Win7 (64bit) box. 0.23.11 works fine.

Something like klayout-app.exe does not work.

Is there anyone with same problem?

Regards, Micha.

Comments

• edited November -1

I have not observed the problem (I have the same setup).

Can you give a little more information? What happens when you try -- do you get an error message or does just nothing happen? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? Did you try anything else that might give clues to pin down the problem?

• edited November -1

Hi Micha,

there is a known compatibility issue with existing Python installations. Please check whether an environment variable called PYHONPATH is set. If so, try to remove it from your system and try again.

Matthias

• edited November -1

Hi Matthias,

yes I have Python 2.7 installed and PYTHONPATH was not set to C:\Python27 so I corrected this and now I try again. I report back what happens!

Regards, Micha.

• edited November -1

Hi,

with correctly set to C:\Python27 it still does not start. But with PYTHONPATH renamed KLayout 0.24.2 does start.

So this is the workaround. I wonder if this has any drawbacks on other python projects.

Regards, Micha.

• edited November -1

Hi Micha,

The problem is buried deeply inside the Python interpreter I build against. If the one you have installed is not compatible with the one I am using (which is likely) the program will crash.

I'll try to work around this but I wish the Python guys would provide a smarter initialization.

Matthias