Navigator size not saved when running maximised under Ubuntu

edited October 2015 in KLayout Support
Matthias,

firstly, let me thank you for your continuing effort, do develop this software. It is astonishing, how fast you could address the view-only-issue.

I recently converted my 12" laptop to LUbuntu 14 (32bit), before that, I used Windows 7 (64bit).

Now I have an odd behaviour of the navigator window, when running KLayout maximised. The size will be almost maximum on the next start, regardless of what it was when exiting. This of course kills my cell list, which will become 2 lines small, regardless of flat or standard cell view.

I've verified this on my workstation running Ubuntu Studio 14 64bit (where I usually do not run maximised, hence I've never noticed this before) and there it does this, too.

I reverted back to 23.11, but the effect was the same.

Is there something other than running "almost" maximised, to get around this?

Michael

Comments

• edited October 2015

Hi Michael,

I am running Ubuntu 14 myself, but I don't see this issue. I'll try to reproduce it, but maybe you can try removing or renaming $HOME/.klayout/klayoutrc to start with a fresh configuration.

If that problem is still there after having reset the configuration, let me know.

Thanks,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

I've tried starting a fresh configuration, the effect is still there.

What desktop/window manager do you run?

LUbuntu uses LXDE, Ubuntu Studio Xfce. Maybe the answer is somewhere in the Compiz - Openbox differences.

Michael
  • edited November -1

Hi Michael,

I'm running Gnome, but the effect you describe is probably related to Qt.

I'll try to reproduce it.

Matthias