Pass command line argument to ruby

sebseb
edited March 2016 in Ruby Scripting
Hi there,

First of all, thanks a lot for the great job on KLayout (and the XSection too)! I'm using it for a few years now, it's just perfect :o)

I've decided to experiment some ruby scripting now...

So, I'm using a KLayout command line to do some check on a GDS (size, boundary layer...), and I was wondering how to pass some arguments to my Ruby script (some checks are technology dependant, I need to tell the script which one to use).

Can't find in the documentation, can someone help me?

Thanks,
Seb

Comments

• sebseb
    edited November -1
    RTFM twice :
    -rd <name>=<value> Specify ruby variable

:oP
  • edited March 2016

I had the same problem. It's documented though:
    http://www.klayout.de/command_args.html

But please tell me how you can find this link from the menu? I can't find any menu item. I would expect this to be present somewhere under Documentation.
    But Google is your friend.

Theo

• sebseb
    edited November -1
    Well for Linux it's available in the command line help:
    klayout -h

I don't know from the GUI, but I suppose that if you need a command line option, you should have access to the commande line help :o)
  • edited November -1

Yes I know. But if an argument is not working as the short -h tells you, you want to read the manual. That was what I experienced.
    I think it's just a matter of updating the website by adding a link somewhere in the menu.

• edited November -1

Hi all,

the link is available in "Documentation/General - Resources/Command line options". Not missing, just hidden :-)

There is a little more there - just be curious.

Matthias