Ruby errors when starting up klayout

edited April 2016 in KLayout Support

Whenever I startup klayout I get this error:

/usr/share/gems/gems/abrt-0.0.6/lib/abrt.rb:12:in `identical?': no implicit conversion of false into String (TypeError)
    from /usr/share/gems/gems/abrt-0.0.6/lib/abrt.rb:12:in `<top (required)>'
    from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in `require'
    from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in `rescue in require'
    from /usr/share/rubygems/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:144:in `require'
    from <internal:abrt_prelude>:2:in `<compiled>'

Everything seems to work fine, so how can I get rid of this message?
I work with CentOS 7.2.

The file reporting the error belongs to rubygem-abrt-0.0.6-2.el7.noarch. KLayout is version 0.24.2.

Thanks,
Theo

Comments

• edited April 2016

Hi Theo,

Have you built KLayout yourself, or did you take it from the .rpm?

I have never seen this message and I cannot reproduce it. The problem line appears to be this one:

if File.identical?(__FILE__, $0)
      [1, 2, 3].freeze << 4
    end

So either __FILE__ or $0 apparently is "false" rather than a string. But in my case both a strings and valid file names, so I have no idea what is happening. Maybe it's worth trying 0.24.6 but I don't recall having fixed some issue related with these variables.

Matthias

• edited April 2016

I did not build it myself, I used the rpm. The executables from the rpm (one for CentOS6 and one for CentOS7), I installed on a different path to have it shared from an NFS server (such that not all workstations need a local install).
    On CentOS6 it does not give this message but that is caused by the fact that rubygem-abrt is not installed.

I just removed rubygem-abrt-0.0.6-2.el7.noarch and that solves the problem. There were no dependencies:

Name        : rubygem-abrt
    Description : Provides ABRT reporting support for applications written using Ruby.

It's a package that was installed by default. I actually don't even use abrt

Theo