Unattended/Silent installation of KLayout

edited December 2016 in KLayout Support

Hello,

is it possible to install the Windows executable of KLayout from command line or create an extended installer?

• Is there a command line switch to silently install Klayout?
  • Is it possible to add settings and additional scripts to the installation?
  • Is the NSIS installer script used to build the exe publicly available?

The reason for this question is, that I want to use KLayout on multiple Windows machines with XSection script already installed and some config preset.

Thanks for any help,

Luis

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Luis,

yes, the NSIS script is the one used for the official installer. I don't know whether the NSIS installer provides silent installation. Maybe there is a command option, but you better check with their documentation.

For a modifier installer you may as well create your own installer based on the files inside the .zip archive. Apart from simply installing these files, the NSIS script just registers a fews file types and start menu entries.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1

Hi Matthias,

is the used NIST script available? Then I could just add the needed XSection script to the installation and I no longer need a silent installation. I just wanted to use the silent installation to be able to install the script and KLayout in one run. I don't want to ask the user to copy the needed scripts manually.

Regards,
    Luis

• edited January 2017

Hi Luis,

I have published the NSIS script (for 64 bit) here: http://www.klayout.org/svn-public/klayout-resources/trunk/klayout-inst-x64.nsis.

I finally want to package XSection with KLayout, but it will take some time.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1

Hello Matthias,

thank you for the script. I was able to create an installation with the original version of the KLayout NSIS installer (2.38) and then moved on to the newest version 2 installer (2.51). Both worked without a problem.

To be able to include XSection or other scripts in the installer I added the following line:

file *.rbm

And to install predefined settings and set the paths for the XSection Script I added the following:

# define user directory and install predefined settings
    setOutPath $PROFILE
    file .klayout-xsection
    file /r Klayout

The modified installer now runs as a normal installation, with all needed scripts and settings included.

This was extremely helpful and a lot of people here can easily use Klayout now, Thanks!

Luis