verify Instance placement

edited August 2017 in Ruby Scripting
I need to verify on a larger wafer GDS design if there are possible holes (missing Instance) or Instances might overlap. While the Overlap could be detected rinng DRC I'm looking for a smart (and fast) solution to verify missing instances.
I thought about a layer based solution (DRC - holes) or density with larger step boxes or a cell based solution (is_neighbour) stepping through the whole design.
First trials works fine layer based but it take too much time for larger designs.
Did someone worked already on such a task?

Best Regards,
Andy

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Andy,

are saying that overlap is fast enough, but holes is not?

That should give some hint about the kind of algorithm you look for. What number of instances are we talking about?

Another question is how "missing" is defined. "holes" will only be able to detect instances in the inner area, not some that are missing at the border. Maybe you have a polygon describing the wafer's active area (wafer circle minus flat/notch minus border). So doing a NOT between this polygon and the instance boxes gives you the desired error marker. Please try to run this in tiled mode - this will reduce the memory requirements.

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Thanks a lot Matthias.
    The tile mode is incredible - we use it quite often, even in a quick in a drc check.
    I'll review your suggestion - sounds like a very good approach.

Just saw that you start compiling a new klayout release support qt5 (and probably a drc check for round corners).
    Do you have any timeline in mind? In case you're looking for volounteers to run trials please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Andy
  • edited November -1

Hi Andy,

I right in the process of putting together a release. The build setup has changed considerably, so that means some effort, but I'm close to finishing that.

Kind regards,

Matthias