Minor bug found

Hi there,

I've updated to the latest version on CentOS7 and found a minor bug.

The bug is that if I set the "Style" width to 3px for any layer, KLayout will crash.

I am using 3x oversampling btw - maybe that has something to so with it...

Comments

• Hmm ... I have difficulties reproducing the problem. It does not crash, neither with oversampling nor without.

Matthias

• Any command I could use to create some sort of "dump file" or something that could help?

• @simon_ch If the problem is triggered by application code, the application intercepts the signal and shows a stack trace like this:

This information would be useful already.

Not seeing that window usually means that something goes wrong in a kernel module (e.g. graphics driver).

There is little one can do in that case. You can try running KLayout in a debugger (e.g. gdb) and see if any system error triggers (abort, segfault etc.). In that case, the stack trace again will be useful. gdb can be used like this:

gdb /path/to/klayout
    (gdb) run <klayout options>
    (gdb) ... in case of error
    (gdb) bt   <-- prints stack trace

Also, valgrind is a memory checker that helps identifying memory corruption issues. Run valgrind with

valgrind klayout <klayout options>

You will get spammed with errors from Python and Ruby, but only the last reported errors matter. However, under valgrind control, applications run abou 50x slower.

Matthias

• Update: I tried on a CentOS7 Docker image using my RPM from the download page.

It looks kind of ugly on a 4k screen (Qt4 does not support high-density displays), but I can't see a crash.

Matthias