Build issue : Qt MOC

edited July 2015 in KLayout Support
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the job in this layout tools, although I do not use it a lot as an editor (more as viewer & converter tool), this helps a lot. I'll try to personalize it and see ruby scripting later.

I installed it a few month ago on my work computer (Fedora 20) with little librairies problems but I managed to do it.

Now I have have a little problem with the installation on another machine (ubuntu 14.04) ; I follow these steps :

-Download the unix source package (klayout-0.23.11.tar.gz)
-unpack it
-Requirements ok (gcc, g++, zlib, ruby and Qt which is version 5.2.1 now)
-./build.sh with good qtbin, qtinc, qtlib etc

and the build craches with this type of error :

gtfUiDialog_moc.cc:15:2: error: #error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.2.1. It"
#error "This file was generated using the moc from 5.2.1. It"
^
gtfUiDialog_moc.cc:16:2: error: #error "cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."
#error "cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."
^
gtfUiDialog_moc.cc:17:2: error: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"
#error "(The moc has changed too much.)"

I search for this error message on the internet but found no real solution and dowgrading Qt to a viable version is complicated for me ...

However, under the same configuration, I can do a "dpkg -i klayout_0.23.11-1_amd64.deb" and klayout is installed fine ; though I can't locate some utilities like strm2** scripts which are quite helpful.

Anyone has a hint about it ?
Regards,
Alex

Comments

• edited November -1

Hi Alex,

On ubuntu 14.04 you can have both qt4 (used by klayout) and qt5 installed in parallel. To build klayout, make sure the libqt4-dev package is installed then the command is:

./build.sh -qtbin /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin -qtlib /usr/lib/qt4/ -qtinc /usr/include/qt4 -with-qtbinding

The strm2** utilities are indeed not in the .deb packages. But after building klayout yourself you will find them in ./build.linux-64-gcc-release/main.
    Matthias, is it intentional that they are not copied to ./bin.linux-64-gcc-release ?

HTH,

Seb

• edited November -1
    Hi Seb,

Ok I didn't knew that klayout was using qt4 and not qt5. So I pointed to qt5 bin, lib and inc, that was probably the issue.
    Now the build goes fine and I Have the strm2** utilities.

Thanks a lot.

Alex